7/5/09

One more week until the new job

Sigh, one more week at The Log Cabin Democrat. I've called this desk of mine home for the last year, and it's been a fulfilling experience (well, except for hardly ever having a weekend off).

It's actually the longest job I've had. Let's trace that employment history for a second. There was the dishwashing job at the Duquesne Club in Pittsburgh immediately after graduating college. Then it was on to Pharmacare, doing customer service work for people's prescription insurance issues (which was a pretty sweet job). And after the Pittsburgh venture, it was back to Arkansas and the Hot Springs newspaper for 11 months before starting at The Cabin.

I'll admit, I hate that I will be taking my fifth job in three years. I'm not even sure if that's normal! I hear about people staying at one company for years and years, and I can't even make it to the 18-month mark!

Hopefully the job in Waldron is something I can stay at for more than 18 months. I like to think it will be, as it's a weekly newspaper that will give me a lot of freedom in the look and feel of the newspaper (and more than 2 weekends off per year!).

It will be a challenge. Heck, it's a lot more job responsibility. Here, my main responsibility is building pages. At The Waldron News, it's page building, and gathering all the news, writing about the news, getting photo assignments together, etc.

Trust me, I'm already starting to freak out. I think Pope St. Linus is going to tire of my prayers very soon.

Hang with me. If I spaz out on here, please talk some sense into me.

You know, on the weekend. When I will finally have time to talk :)

0 comments:

My Twitter feed




    follow me on Twitter


    About This Blog

    A blog for the masses, if by masses you mean myself and family members who probably read this out of pity.

    I'm dustin Faber, the 16-bit Catholic. This blog is an amusing, sometimes thought-provoking look at my life and the world around me. Poetry, cooking recipes, gaming, faith, things that make me go awww, things that make me go grrr, and my obsession with a good glass of root beer can be found here.

    If you're looking for gaming-centered posts, check out catholicvideogamers.blogspot.com. If you seek the blog I keep with my fiance, check out thecatholiclovebirds.blogspot.com

      © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Blogger Blog Templates

    Back to TOP