4/14/11

The Virgils Root Beer Experience

In my search for great root beer, I scoured the web and came to a bold conclusion (because, as you know, the internets never lies).

And apparently, the consensus is that Virgils is the best craft root beer ever made. As if Moses was swigging it when he came down from Mt. Sinai with the ten commandments.

I'm a fair man who likes to try things new. I'll come right out and admit that the only root beers I've had are the "corporate" root beers like A&W, IBC, and some smaller varieties like Frosties. So, as the snobby people would say, my palette is not "refined."

I found some at Weiss, popped the four-pack ($4 for a 4-pack, yikes!) into the fridge for a few hours, and twisted off the cap.


WOW. This stuff is no joke! Very sweet, very strong wintergreen. With all due respect to the Amish people who made the Stoltzfus, Virgil's is really good competition. Regardless of which root beer is the best, who needs alcohol when you have root beer that tastes like this?

I'll try a few more before proclaiming this as the best root beer. But if you get a chance, run out and grab a few bottles. You won't regret it.

1 comments:

Scott April 15, 2011 at 5:41 AM  

They sell Virgils up here: root beer, creme soda, etc.

I agree, it's good stuff!

My Twitter feed




    follow me on Twitter


    About This Blog

    A blog for the masses, if by masses you mean myself and family members who probably read this out of pity.

    I'm dustin Faber, the 16-bit Catholic. This blog is an amusing, sometimes thought-provoking look at my life and the world around me. Poetry, cooking recipes, gaming, faith, things that make me go awww, things that make me go grrr, and my obsession with a good glass of root beer can be found here.

    If you're looking for gaming-centered posts, check out catholicvideogamers.blogspot.com. If you seek the blog I keep with my fiance, check out thecatholiclovebirds.blogspot.com

      © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Blogger Blog Templates

    Back to TOP