11/14/10

Best religious cartoon I've ever seen



My lovely bride-to-be showed me this series of cartoons from Brown Bag Films today. It was very humorous and VERY well done. Why can't religious media, especially Catholic media, look like this?

The premise, according to Brown Bag, is that Irish children in the 1960s were recorded telling Bible stories, and they put these voices to animation, giving it an aged, sepia-tone look. It comes across as VERY well done, very professional, and very entertaining.

You don't see too many things in Catholic media that have that top-notch quality that you'd see from secular studios. Catholicvote.org and Catholic TV do some great stuff, and The Catholic Channel on Sirius XM provides great entertainment, but other than that, the pickings seem rather small.

I know that Brown Bag isn't technically a "Christian" media group. They might have faith, but they aren't marketed specifically as a "Christian" company, just a film company that was nominated for an Oscar for a damn good religious cartoon. Still, it's good to see religious content that doesn't make you cringe at it's low-grade quality

1 comments:

JB Hilliard November 16, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

I liked the video...I enjoyed it cause they were little kids telling the story!! Made it meaningful! Cute cute!

My Twitter feed




    follow me on Twitter


    About This Blog

    A blog for the masses, if by masses you mean myself and family members who probably read this out of pity.

    I'm dustin Faber, the 16-bit Catholic. This blog is an amusing, sometimes thought-provoking look at my life and the world around me. Poetry, cooking recipes, gaming, faith, things that make me go awww, things that make me go grrr, and my obsession with a good glass of root beer can be found here.

    If you're looking for gaming-centered posts, check out catholicvideogamers.blogspot.com. If you seek the blog I keep with my fiance, check out thecatholiclovebirds.blogspot.com

      © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Blogger Blog Templates

    Back to TOP