11/10/10

Put your girlfriend above your gaming

Recently at my new job, one of the girls in my training class said something rather odd.

We were talking about the new Call of Duty: Black Ops game that came out Tuesday. Knowing she was looking forward to playing the game from a previous conversation, I asked her if she liked playing it.

"My boyfriend wouldn't let me," said 'Natasha.' (names changed to protect whatever the hell is supposed to be protected). Come again? Your boyfriend wouldn't let you play? Odd indeed. I asked her why he wouldn't let her play.

"He said I should have bought a copy for myself if I wanted to play, and that he had been waiting for months to get this game," Natasha said matter-of-factly.

I know she's only 20, so she might not have enough knowledge of the world and men in particular, but if I was her and he said that to me, he'd be looking for a new girlfriend FAST.

It's OK to love gaming and claim it as your number one hobby. I'm so incredibly blessed to be marrying a woman who actually likes playing video games with me. But for a guy to be that stingy over a game that he wouldn't let his girlfriend play with him, telling her she should have shelled out $50 to buy the same game he already has is quite possibly the dumbest thing a guy could do in a relationship. It's a very subtle hint that she doesn't come first in his life, and that he has the social skills of a 11-year-old.

Hopefully she wises up fast and ditches him soon. Video games are great, but they should never take the place of someone you supposedly love. And life is too short to spend time with a stingy person.

3 comments:

JB Hilliard November 11, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

DUMP HIM! Tell Natasha I said that too!! LOL

Alli Faber November 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

two versions of the same game in one house? that is just silly. Not like she can play hers while he is on the console. Hello, dufus- Shut the game off and give your lady a go! Note to Men: Happy Lady means Happy Man. ;)

Jeff Geerling November 19, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

What a Jerk!

If my wife (now-former-girlfriend) would ask to play with me, I'd drop everything I was doing and go play some Halo!

My Twitter feed




    follow me on Twitter


    About This Blog

    A blog for the masses, if by masses you mean myself and family members who probably read this out of pity.

    I'm dustin Faber, the 16-bit Catholic. This blog is an amusing, sometimes thought-provoking look at my life and the world around me. Poetry, cooking recipes, gaming, faith, things that make me go awww, things that make me go grrr, and my obsession with a good glass of root beer can be found here.

    If you're looking for gaming-centered posts, check out catholicvideogamers.blogspot.com. If you seek the blog I keep with my fiance, check out thecatholiclovebirds.blogspot.com

      © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Blogger Blog Templates

    Back to TOP