4/9/11

Making chocolate at Hershey

Last weekend my mother, sister, brother-in-law and their two children came to visit Allicia and I. Needless to say I was really stressed out the whole week, not because of having to see them (I love my family), but because I wanted everything to go right. I wanted the house to look great (technically not my house until the wedding, but I pay rent now so I have some ownership), so we spent a few weeks trying to clean.

I stress try because we're both not the neatest people in the world, but we do our best to keep the house somewhat respectable. Anyways, we all had a great time. Took mom to Mass for the first time (that's a story for another blog posting), then we went to Hershey with the two kiddos. What follows are some really cool pictures I got in the "Make your own candy bar" exhibit.

 Brent watching his candy bar go through the machine

 A laser prints the text on the box. Props to the girl who gave me the idea to take this picture.


 Me rocking out the beard net!


Brent with his finished bar of chocolate. Mine said dustin and Allicia's Chocolate Bar. We're saving it for the honeymoon!

By the way, his chocolate bar was dark chocolate with sprinkles and chocolate chunks inside the bar. Mine was white chocolate with chocolate chunks and heath bits inside of it.

0 comments:

My Twitter feed




    follow me on Twitter


    About This Blog

    A blog for the masses, if by masses you mean myself and family members who probably read this out of pity.

    I'm dustin Faber, the 16-bit Catholic. This blog is an amusing, sometimes thought-provoking look at my life and the world around me. Poetry, cooking recipes, gaming, faith, things that make me go awww, things that make me go grrr, and my obsession with a good glass of root beer can be found here.

    If you're looking for gaming-centered posts, check out catholicvideogamers.blogspot.com. If you seek the blog I keep with my fiance, check out thecatholiclovebirds.blogspot.com

      © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Blogger Blog Templates

    Back to TOP