4/6/11

The Stoltzfus root beer experience

If you live near Harrisburg, PA, then you live near me. Lucky you. You also live near Saturday's Market, a fun place to shop for just about everything. From classic video games to cupcakes, this giant flea market/antique shop/farmer's market lite has nearly everything.

Among the people working there are local Amish people, and they sell things that are much better than any mass-produced items you might find at a big-box supermarket. Potato chips, meats, quilts, etc.

And by etc., I mean this.


Oh my gosh. This might be the best root beer I've ever drank, toppling a spot previously held by Frosty. I had this same root beer on a previous visit, and it tasted magnificent then. I thought I'd try another bottle to make sure I wasn't overrating it, and it is still amazing (to the root beer snobs, I realize that I'm probably just scratching the surface of great root beers, so if there's some amazing brand I'm missing out on, feel free to send me a sample. For free, of course)

I think what I like about this root beer the most is that it's not very carbonated, which puts more of a focus on the flavor. Sweet, but not over the top like generic root beers. I have no idea how they made it, but I'd love to find out.

0 comments:

My Twitter feed




    follow me on Twitter


    About This Blog

    A blog for the masses, if by masses you mean myself and family members who probably read this out of pity.

    I'm dustin Faber, the 16-bit Catholic. This blog is an amusing, sometimes thought-provoking look at my life and the world around me. Poetry, cooking recipes, gaming, faith, things that make me go awww, things that make me go grrr, and my obsession with a good glass of root beer can be found here.

    If you're looking for gaming-centered posts, check out catholicvideogamers.blogspot.com. If you seek the blog I keep with my fiance, check out thecatholiclovebirds.blogspot.com

      © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Blogger Blog Templates

    Back to TOP